Meet the Team
PPF began as the Production Pattern Shop in Oakland, California in 1942. Three years later, the owners incorporated a small aluminum casting foundry into the pattern shop operation. In 1956, Production Pattern and Foundry Co. moved from Oakland to San Leandro. After the move, PPF steadily expanded and modernized to become one of Northern California’s leading producers of sand and permanent mold aluminum castings. In 2004, a decision was made to relocate PPF to Mound House, Nevada, where a newly constructed 100,000 square foot facility would house the pattern shop, paint shop, two machine shops, twenty permanent mold stations, and greensand operations.
Today PPF is led by third-generation Cochran family member Stephen as we continue to improve our operations and expand our capabilities to serve new markets and casting needs.
Vice President of Operations
We invite you to schedule a tour of our foundry
We’ve designed our workflow for superior visual management at all stations, providing tighter quality control and quicker reaction time for satisfaction of casting demands with superior quality in less time.
At PPF, we strive to be as environmentally friendly as possible. In fact, by the end of 2019 we will be 14001 certified. We maximize our use of sustainable sourced material and recycle all salvageable aluminum scrap. We also support product stewardship to integrate product compliance and risk management controls during all phases of production development, which involves ensuring that all employees understand, secure, and maintain ongoing regulatory compliance with local, state, and federal regulations. The team at PPF regularly conducts self-assessments to review the product stewardship processes, procedures, and tools.